Thursday, January 14, 2016

Taboo

I don't know how it happened, but we were on the topics of our friends. About who we found attractive, who we thought would be good for each other. One day, hubby told me he had had a sort of a sex dream/nightmare, he was having a good time and opening his eyes, he panicked to realize he was not with me but my student's mom. We had a good laugh about it, and every now and again I have teased him. She is fun and somewhat of a hottie, I don't blame him. But you know? he told me last night, I can see she has a cruel side. Mean, he added. I thought about it, I could see that. We ticked through our girl friends, I mean, what kind of couples play this kind of exercise? Olivia, though, hubby pointed out, she might be a little crazy with all her allergies and worries, a head case, but there is not one mean, stupid thing about her. She is incredibly good, through and through.... Yes, I told hubby and was laughing, she is absolutely the best choice for you!!

And what about you? Me?? Yes, you. He started ticking through everyone. There was no one. What about Gabe? Gabe??? Are you absolutely kidding? He yacks endlessly about stuff I couldn't possibly be interested in, he's just as bad as David. So...? You don't like anyone who talks too much about themselves? Like in my case, I just kind of do my thing? Yes, except when you play the piano too loudly, I joked. I'm Asian, I told him, talking can be overrated and meaningless, better to have high quality actions and people doing their things without having to announce to the rest of the world.. Like, look, Lulu's husband doesn't talk much but he's also very boring. He's an accountant. He's nice and all, but not interesting, like a stick in the mud. Kati's husband then? Too happy go lucky, look on the bright side at the expense of being real at times, and not enough of a certain substance.... So who? If you had to say? And now he was curious. Well, I like the guy who works on dinosaurs at the museum. He said his name aloud, we had just talked about his friends possibly staying here. He does interesting work and is pretty understated despite having strong opinions. Hm, he said, interesting.

So we have it all figure out, right, sweetie pie? Yes, hubby told me, but you're the best one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.