SUBJECT: Touching Base
TIME: Today 11:08AM
Dear Mrs. D,
Hope you are doing well, and see you soon at Belac's
meeting!
I just wanted to touch base because I will be gone this week
for work, Tuesday to Sunday. Hubby will be in charge, but if there is anything
we need to know, please do not hesitate to call or email either of us! I
stressed to Belac that he should make good use of his last periods with you to
get any help he needs.
On the homework front: ENGLISH - Belac and I finished
reading and discussing Chapter 3 in Midsummer Night’s Dream over the wknd. We
will look over the study guide tonight and hopefully he will be in good shape
for Friday’s test. As for SCIENCE, he is almost done with the 5 leaves of his
lab and I will make sure he gets started on the Classification lab before I
leave tomorrow. However, I will not be able to check on the 3 homework pieces
of the Science lab this week. I get home very late on Sunday night, so again I
told Belac he needs to check in with you at some point over Science. He knows
to be doing a page of the Science review, every day. As for MATH, I’m sorry
that he didn’t check the teacher's website about the Math quiz, last week. Hopefully he
can finish it today, he did review the concepts over the week end and should be
okay. SS – I think Jake can help him with any homework if he needs. Is there a
test coming up soon, there or anything major due this week?
PS – Did I ever mention to you that Jake has somehow been on the
honor roll and high honor roll, all of 9th grade so far? He has to
work very, very had to keep focused and on top of things, but I really can’t
believe how much he has matured. I mentioned to Asst. Principal that all the extra
help and interventions of Middle School really make a huge difference. I think
back to how you signed him out, every day, and how frustratingly forgetful he
was! It’s still hard, but the interventions have all really helped!
Thanks so much for everything!
Gimky
917-XXX-XXXX
Hubby
914-XXX-XXXX
*************************
TO: Gimky
SUBJECT: Re: Touching Base
TIME: Today 12:01PM
Hi,
So for English, he is good. He
just has to study for the test on Friday.
For science, there is a lot going
on. He has to continue to work on the leaf lab, the classification lab
and I will give him a study guide for the test next week. In order
to do the other 3 parts of the leaf project, he needs to have all of his leaves
collected and bring them to school so I can help him.
For Social Studies, they are
starting a Civil War project. All of the documents are on Mr. S's
page. I will be updating my page and I am sure Mrs. D will put the
documents on her page. I attached the "Overview" for the
project. They will be working on it in class, but there may be some
homework if they do not finish their class work. I will help Belac at the
end of the day to prioritize what has to get done each day.
I am so happy to hear about
Jake! I am not surprised he is doing so well:)
Thanks,
TD
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.