Dog walked. Dishwasher and washing machines running. Day cleared for practicing and getting my pieces performance ready. Bringing music for Italy to Boston. When I'm not rehearsing, I have a magnificent piano to practice on while there. I'm staying at my former piano technician's downstairs apartment, where there are several pianos and a bed. It's perfect.
I love my studio. I have been practicing more regularly and happily because it's no longer in the heart of the house and enclosed. When I have even minutes to spare, I find myself in here working out a passage. I don't disturb anyone and so I am able to sneak in all this extra time for me!
This Thursday, the bride whose ceremony I'm playing for this Saturday, stops in to go over the music. My kids will be home, the Hebrew school kids will trickle in. But this is another situation all together, I don't have to ask the kids not to come. Everyone can do their thing without shushing or stressing over noise. The bride arrives with her mom, and into the studio behind closed door we go to touch base and go over music.
I feel like I have this amazing space to grow and create. The studio gives me permission and endless possibilities. It's simply great!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.