Wednesday, May 25, 2016

changes

DC, Scottsdale... There is no rhythm to the traveling yet and it's begun before hubby has even officially started his job. It's a night here, 3 days there, a meeting there. This morning, there is a town hall and hubby's position is being announced.  He told the head of HR, last night. There needs to be better communication and assurances from the company, or we are going to have a massive exodus before the integration is complete. She understood. Morale is so low at company and in a way, hubby feels sheepish that he was offered this job. Just 4 people in finance have been offered positions and his was a pretty big promotion. Yes, he worked his ass off for it and played his cards well, but there was a lot of good luck involved, too.

Isn't it interesting that as he is growing, so am I? And so are the kids, as we let go just a little bit more on the reins. I just hope that we don't grow apart or that some unforeseen thing happens that makes us regret going down this path. Every now and then I worry about either of us, especially him, getting hurt or killed in travels. Lovely, I know. Lately, we've been face timing while brushing our teeth at the same time. Sometimes face timing at meals for a few minutes. Keeping close will take more effort, but we have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.