Wednesday, May 25, 2016

"assistant"

Hubby told me last night that he just met his designated assistant.

As in your very own secretary??? Are you SERIOUS...? Well, is she cute like the ones in Mad Men...? And to do what? She's going to take all of my calls when I'm on another call, she's going to help me with scheduling and travel arrangements and manage things when I'm in meetings. And this is a full time job? Yes, and she will help others on my team, too, don't forget. She sits outside your office? Yes. Is she Asian? No. She's...? What Louise was... From Trinidad? Yes. But does she look like a Chinese mix like Louise? No. How old? 40s. Is she married? Yes, with kids. Hubby was laughing.

Hubby, I'm not calling to speak to you only to have some woman pick up. She's not picking up your cell phone, is she? No!

Oh my God, I can't believe you have a secretary!!!

Gimky, she's what they call an 'assistant.'

It is totally weird to me that he has someone helping to manage his work over there. But on the other hand, it will make his life easier. It's been 2 weeks of traveling, already, with much more to come. It's already overwhelming to help him figure out travel. Human Resources asked him how he preferred to be contacted. Please don't send me more emails, he told his team, I already can't keep up with my inbox. Please feel free to call me or stop by my office, I prefer to have a conversation with you.

Good he has an assistant, but she better not be too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.