Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Two

Yelled at Jake this morning who couldn't find any pants. Down to the laundry room he went twice. Must be in your closet, I suggested. Up I went and then hollered for him to come up. Floor of his closet, stuffed with towels, dirty clothes and who knows what, but there were definitely at least 2 pairs of pants in there. I pulled it all out and told him to deal with it. You don't have to shout, Mom, he declared. Yes I do! I shouted at him, mornings are hard for us. This is 10 minutes wasted looking for clothes. This dirty stuff?? It goes in a laundry bin, it takes less than 5 seconds to throw your dirty stuff into a bin!!!

This morning, Belac was wearing his new slim cords. They are both transitioning out of shorts, and they both have grown significantly since last year. Mom? Can you adjust the waist band? Of course. Thank God they still do this for size 14 pants at the Gap and that they have real drawstring waists for their athletic pants. All of his pants need tying up and adjusting. He was swimming in these but they are the skinniest pants I could find and God help us if Gap ever discontinues this skinny fit. It's online order only, and each pair of pants came specially wrapped with tissue paper around the waist button and tissue paper in between the legs. Obviously untouched and on a shelf somewhere, they don't even bother to stock these at the store.

By the way, Jake, I told him before he left for school. I also bought you 4 pairs of pants from the Gap. 2 trainers, a pair of cords and jeans, all slim fit. They didn't have 28W with 32L so you'll have to wear a belt with 29W, but I do know you need pants too and they're coming.

Okay, cool! he told me, as he left the house wearing sweat pants that were a bit short and definitely not very clean.

Keeping these kids clothed and even minimally presentable takes constant attention. Good thing we have just two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.