Tuesday, October 18, 2016

time

I was not very productive today with my time. Though this afternoon I spent an hour with Belac going over his math homework with him. He had checked over his answers in the back of the book and a good number of problems were incorrect. In reviewing together he was frustrated, but I was able to see that he did not use the distributive property correctly and sometimes got confused isolating the variable. There was a lot of erasing and "oh my god, Mom!" But he understood and I realize I need to study with him again tomorrow before his Algebra exam on Thursday. Even though I was slow to the uptake, I was able to figure out a lot by looking at example problems in his book.

At 6:25 I shooed him out the door. Even though he no longer has Hebrew School, they are starting a teen program and I want him to join. He is not very interested in being Jewish, but his buddies - who he no longer sees often - are attending a pizza dinner at the synagogue's sukkah. No complaints to go knowing his friends would be there. Whatever he can join to help him strengthen his bonds with the community is important.

Now making roasted cauliflower and miso encrusted fish and waiting on Jake, coming home late after a cross country meet. It's totally dark out and feels so quiet in the house. I shouldn't just take on more students to fill the time, I need to be around to help with homework and make dinner and be around for MY boys. To be able to take Belac to get an X-ray, day of, and make phone calls about insurance. To be able to cook from scratch and bake and run some forgotten thing to school. There is value in having time. But maybe I need to take up knitting or something. At this point last year I would be cramming practice time for concerts in Boston and stressed out. Maybe I should have gone out for a run earlier... how am I going to spend my down time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.