In the door came Jake who was not hungry, he said, and when asked told me that he had "PRed" as in ran a personal record. Really? Yeah, 20:05 (for a 5k)! Wow that's amazing! Good for you! He wanted to get to work. Okay, you'll eat later? Yeah, he replied. By the way, he said, head now buried in his book. I also got the Bio quiz back. How was it? 100, he said non-chalantly. I went over to him and smiled, I'm so proud of you! You are working hard and it shows Jacoby! Keep it up!!
Despite some wobbles here and there, he has never performed as well in school as he has these past two years. In large part because he is maturing but also because he dares more and more to face his challenges. No matter what the numbers are, I am so proud of this kid for trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.