Dear Lorry and Jeri,
Thank you for this sweet note. I just want you to know that I'm hoping we can create a safe, wonderful and supportive place for ourselves and our children within the Sunny Patch community. It touches me to know a little of your daughter's struggles and the enormous responsibility it means for you, the parents. I thank you for sharing your story with me.
Jerry, you were our president and supported us and gave so much to us. This community should also support you and your family.
We are a small community at Sunny Patch Synagogue, and yet our special needs community within it is pretty substantial. I think we should be there for each other and that is my goal: to help give our community opportunities to know each other and be together.
If there is anything I can do, please let me know! And you should know that Carrie and the entire family is always welcome at SNAP. The families so far are just so lovely and understanding and all in the thick of struggling with our own things. One of the boys who has been attending, for example, non-verbal and autistic, went from being in the back row with his trains, beginning of last year, to sitting in the front row and bringing pictures to the felt board by year end. We all rejoiced! So whenever she is ready, you are ready, and feel so inclined, just know SNAP is for you and all of us, and all are welcome.
All the best and wishing nothing but the best for Carrie, and recognizing how lucky also she is to have such devoted parents!
Gimky
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.