Monday, February 29, 2016

multi options

I got hubby to take the long way home. Wait, where are we going? Belac asked. We're just going to take a look at a house, I explained.

Hubby drove slower than usual as we quietly took note of the walk from town and train station. It's a half mile with a sidewalk all the way. I think there might even be a bus stop closer to the house. And the house, you know, didn't look pristine or anything but appeared to be a solid colonial next to not ugly houses. And at least one of the houses next to it was in pristine shape. It needs work, hubby noted.

Everyone is now in hyper gear with Belac's bar mitzvah coming up in a few weeks and tax season here. Hubby in meeting after meeting with acquiring company, still unsure of what's going on, his prospects there and elsewhere. Still, I asked hubby, could we get a down payment together? Do we have it in cash? Where could we liquidate the rest from...?  I wonder if it's priced that way, hubby mused, to get a bidding war. I wonder, I added, if the buyer will pay all cash like at the other house....

There is never a good time to take a risk. Never. We have money but not gobs to throw away over a bad decision. But I continue to look for good deals to be had and a way to make an investment that is an insurance policy for Belac in particular. I am pretty certain Belac can go to college, get a job and live independently and live well enough. But the circumstances of it need tinkering with and I am determined to set something up. This is a great town of progressives. And before all of this approved development arrives on that strip of town in the next years, I think the best deals to be had are on that street. That multi-family house as a straight out investment or a multi family Belac could eventually live in and rent out, so far it fits the bill in terms of location, price, and layout.

Left a message for a realtor I saw a few houses with over the years. Can we see the house?

By the way, it has good numbers! It stretches up to a cadence. A great sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.