Jake home earlier than usual, now that winter track is finished. He told me he needed to register for classes. The electives? Yes. He showed me the list and the instructions to log in. Computer Principles, he had numbered 1 and then Drawing, I saw, was his 2nd choice. Is it one or the other? I hope not, he told me, because I really want the drawing class, too. Health was required in 10th grade, he noted, and he chose a specific PE class. Mom, I also have to speak to the Math teacher, because I think I can handle Advanced Geometry. Really? Do you qualify? Sort of, I think so. I have to talk to her. Well, good for you! Do you want to ask the Guidance Counselor to help you talk to her? No, I've got it, he told me and was off.
He's now learning to program in Java and working on something. I think it's great, though I am going to have to remind him to start his homework eventually. Recently, he decided he wanted to program seriously and had been pestering hubby about it. Hubby helped him figure out what language to start with, set him up with a compiler and every night, now, helps Jake conceptually with what he's doing. It's amazing to see this motivation emerge. And that he's going to advocate for himself regarding the advanced math because it's something he wants? A huge development! And to think hubby and I had nothing to do with his going for it. I am so proud of this kid.
It's a privilege to be with my boys after school. I appreciate every moment.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.