Monday, August 15, 2016

reset

Third night of no alcohol, no red meat and limited meat. Lots of water. It's really only after dinner is ready to go and I'm sitting down that I miss having something 'special' to drink at the end of the day. Although, hubby has joked, as long as we have sex everyday giving up alcohol and red meat is not a problem. For me, by the time we are up washing dishes, the feeling of wanting a glass of wine passes. But now it's hot. Right now it's all about water. Lots of it, and a cup of coffee in the morning. What will it be like tomorrow? or the day after?

I have noticed hubby snoring much less. Though he notices that he has less stamina in exercise, these days. But he also has been eating a half bagel instead of whole in the morning. Lunch he told me was yogurt and something else. And tonight was salmon, rice and spinach. He hasn't been consuming the calories he usually does. And again, it's been hot!

Let's see how it goes and how we feel as the days continue. This Saturday night we have our first sip of wine and bites of beef at Olivia's for dinner. Or maybe I'll skip the wine and just have the beef. It's her hubby's 50th birthday. How will we feel? Will we appear like downers if we don't drink? And then let's see what the day after brings. Back to our usual habits? Or a continuation of this exercise?

Definitely much easier doing this together. Don't quite know what to think yet as I don't really feel very different, but I'd love to get rid of my tire along with pulling myself out of some bad habits I've gotten myself into. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.