Thursday, August 4, 2016

gnight

I should go to bed. But instead I am reading about the train wreck named Donald Trump. Thinking about things. My boys. The Festival. Hubby.

I really should not look at these parents or kids and second guess if I've done right by my kids. It crossed my mind, today, that if I had been a tiger mom, I could have gotten my kids into a place like U of M by successfully getting them engaged in music. Watching both boys sit through concerts, every night, I realize that they have an ear for it but not the hands on expertise I didn't manage to instill....  And I should not be kicking myself about my friends. You know, as much as I roll my eyes over the oversharing and the narcissistic behaviors of others there, I have only thanks for FB for reuniting me with important people from my past, along with my own maturity and coming to my senses.

I need to be secure with where I am and what I've done and what I want to do. And I also need to get my ego out of how my kids are 'doing'. I just need to put one foot in front of the other and do the best I can and instill them to do the same. What else can I ask?

But god help us in this next election. Cannot believe I am saying this. I couldn't even listen to Hillary or Bill at the DNC convention without cringing and leaving the room. I really don't like her and I don't like present day Bill, either. But the fact is, Trump is despicable and dangerous and he cannot win. It is crazy. For lack of a better choice.  I'm "with her."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.