I picked up the damn phone and called for an appointment. In less than 2 weeks, I will see the doctor I saw before, 5 years ago probably, and listen to her lecture to me about the 20 pounds I put on since then. And hopefully she will be gentle with me when asking why I had not gotten the mammogram back then that she wrote me a prescription for? I don't know.
I honestly don't know.
I grew up in a family of doctors and I just don't want to go to them. My mom was like this too. How am I any better? I have an excuse now, I protest, because I am healthy (knock on wood) and never feel reason to see a doctor. She is obviously sick and has this whole hodge podge of appointments with doctors not communicating with each other and prescribing meds, and no internal medicine over seeing all, and certainly no psychiatrist or psychologist or therapist dealing with the enormous elephant in the room.... But I'm not doing any better of a job being on top of things for myself, even if the doctor proclaimed me in excellent health last time, and just coasting on my good luck and everyday kind of feeling since then. And I exaggerate, I didn't gain 20 pounds, probably like 12. My sisters see doctors regularly and have relationships with them. Hubby and kids see doctors like clockwork, and Belac, a lot of them!
My doc appt is in 12 days, I texted hubby.
Good. Same place as last time?
Yes.
If so you can ask when your last appointment was to satisfy your curiosity.
I'm going.
I don't believe more recently than 4 years ago.
I will be there in 12 days. Kissy face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.