Hubby woke up as an employee of a new company, this morning. He showed us a cheesy video distributed to the whole company. "Better together, better as one, together, BEST." Oh my god, was the 5 minute video ever 4-1/2 minutes too long. Just because you say something doesn't make it true. People on hubby's former company's side are not going to feel any better watching this. But I guess the new company had to try, had to put something out, right?
But hubby, of course, has nothing to complain about. He's been promoted and has a good job. Instead of a team of currently 10, he will now have a team of over 20. Of 350 VPs at former company, he was one of 30 who were recruited to work for new company. We are very, very lucky.
And already we are running into issues about having one car in Sunny Patch. Next week he will be home on Thursday but needs to work at Stamford. I have to work in Harrison and then don't finish teaching until 6PM that night from home, if I theoretically could go get him, 30 minutes away. Could I get a ride to work? No. But if Kati's hubby is traveling, I could borrow his car. Gimky, I will drive home! You shouldn't, I told him, the last time you had to do that after putting a long day at work and getting up early the next morning to work... well, I don't think you should. We again talked about buying a junky, reliable car he could street park and leave in DC. We have to figure it out.
Belac did not sleep well, last night, and I have decided to consult a sleep specialist. He never gets enough sleep and he came to me at 2:30am completely stressed and worried about not having fallen asleep yet. He worries a lot and I tend to think the root of the problem is his anxiety over everything. Talked at length with Soo yesterday and she recommended a therapist her son went to. I think he needs to see someone, and for my own education, I feel we need to see a sleep specialist. How can you function properly, concentrate properly, feel emotionally grounded if you aren't sleeping enough? The poor thing.
Hooray! We are getting our new health insurance election. We have no choice but to go with Aetna and hubby and I decided. No more of these YUGE deductibles. We are buying the gold plan and hoping that everything we need is covered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.