Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Changes

Yesterday I put on a pair of jeans by accident and what do you know? They felt and looked pretty good on me. I hadn't worn them all year because they were too tight, and looking myself over in them, curiously in the mirror, I decided to just keep them on. I haven't lost any drastic weight in almost 5 weeks, about 4 lbs I think based on stepping on the scale, yesterday. But I can totally feel something is going on with my body. I know I'm burning fat.  I am more regular because I have been more and more focused about getting enough fiber in my diet. And I never ever feel bloated because though I still snack and have bites of sweets, I am eating a ton more fruits and veggies, everyday, and am eating less meat and not drinking at all to boot.

Lately instead of seltzer, it was hard to keep enough of it around, I've been thirsty for water. And because I haven't been drinking, I haven't really been drinking coffee either and in fact sort of lost my taste for it. It's the domino effect!

In 1, 2 and 4 weeks, I have bar mitzvahs to play for and parties to attend. In 8 weeks, I will be going to LA to attend my niece's bat mitzvah. I will be rotating between 2 dresses and It will be interesting to see how my body changes as I slip into the same clothes over 2 months.

It occurred to me that maybe I am losing weight to fast? But on the other hand, I am not really dieting and am never hungry. I went cold turkey on the alcohol and changed the proportions of food on my plate. I also am able to do all of this surrounded by people in social situations - who are drinking and eating in ways I no longer - and am fine with it, so I haven't exactly isolated myself in the process. I think it's all good. And I really feel these changes are manageable. Well, let's see and hope!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.