We are so far north, the trees have started changing and it suddenly became sweatshirt weather in a day. It's time to go home and we have begun packing. The kids have one last night in the tent before we pack up for a night in Lake George. Hubby and his bro have a triathlon on Saturday.
It's been an amazing couple of weeks with so many people under one roof. Hubby's family is a colorful one, wide spectrum of parenting styles, voice dynamic, sensitivity, sense of adventure and religious observance.
In another world I would have had many more kids, but it didn't turn out that way. Looking around and seeing hubby's siblings with so many kids, cute as they all are, I just count my blessings. We may have been fine with more but couldn't push our luck and I'm actually relieved, more and more, for just my beautiful two. We've been lucky. And what has happened? We grew into a tight and efficient family of 4. We've kept life simple with public school and a lifestyle we can manage and afford, knock on wood. There's more wiggle room all around.
Mom, Belac weeped the other day in front of a bonfire, I feel like such an idiot. I can't remember what he was thinking about or what had happened. His granny patted his shoulder saying nothing but felt his sadness. He eventually sat on my lap and cuddled with me.
Two kids for us. It's all that we can handle and it's perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.