Lily's here with her brother. The 3 are playing together on the wii. It is the sweetest thing because she really looks out for her little brother. Good job! I hear her say. Do this, she suggested when he had trouble in a game. I see how Belac needs to moderate his voice more and sound more friendly at times. To be more patient and encouraging of others. And this is where as other kids keep maturing and considering others more, I have to prompt Belac to see another person's point of view. To empathize. Belac, can you help Lily's brother? I think he's stuck. Belac, Lily's so nice and helping her brother!
We had lunch. Lily and her brother talked about England and I watched Belac barely listening and not looking. Belac talked, but it wasn't in a way that very easily encouraged interaction.... I just wanted him to look up! Listen! Ask a question and keep the conversation bouncing around! Instead, I was moseying around the kitchen and facilitating and pointing out or expanding on things that someone just said.
That's the thing. He makes progress but others are making progress too. And most of those others are also kids who started off with a fuller deck of cards.... What would happen if we didn't have the wii? (Lily's family doesn't have the wii so it's a real draw.) Or if I weren't around to entice with a trip to the town pool or to get frozen yogurt? Then what? Where would he be...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.