Saturday, July 14, 2012

windows

I spent 20 minutes looking at photos of home exteriors this morning on Houzz.com. House after house - unless it was modern - had windows with grids. People love their grids so much that they now build windows with grids between panes of glass so they don't have to cleaned or painted. But why? Why opt for them if they're just pretend? The grids, today, only impair one's view. I mean, you wouldn't take a picture with a grid running through the lens would you?


We are replacing our bad windows. The ones that don't open and close properly, the ones that are broken and/or rotted. Whatever we choose will be an improvement, but I don't want the grids. Looking around, though, I'm not able to find a semi-traditional house that doesn't have just plain windows. I'm hesitant. Will our house from 1940 look odd or cheap without the grids? Unlike the rotting shutters I hauled to the curb, it's not a decision I am able to go back and change....


Just took another good look at the contract and saw that we'd save 40 dollars a window without the grids. Had no idea they cost extra. And how ridiculous is that! Of course I'm not buying the grids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.