Wednesday, January 28, 2015

controls

It's funny. I was relieved to figure out that the browsing had been Jake's. For hubby, he would have felt better if it had been Belac. I personally do not worry about Belac being gay. I don't think he is, but if it turns out that he is, it's really okay with me. BUT. It is too young for him to be looking up and watching things about sex, and I would have been alarmed if this had been Belac's search.

For Jake, who is 13 going on 14, this curiosity is age appropriate. But we need some parental controls here! It's amazing how easily accessible graphic and explicit images and clips are. One iPad -hubby's work one - is now hidden, password changed, and out of commission. The family iPad now has Safari disabled and YouTube app deleted. Everything can only be searched via the NetNanny browser. It means that when you type in Sexy Nude Blonde, you get youtube videos on how to bleach the hair on your head, with the occasional 'sexy' video listed but unavailable.

So there you go. He'll still see stuff, for sure. He'll see things at friends' houses and maybe even this desktop, which doesn't have NetNanny but is out in the open for all to see. It's just good - in general - to make that black hole harder to access.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.