Saturday, December 8, 2012

rip

Dear Gim, I  hope you are well. I wanted to let you know the sad news that SL has passed away. I know no more than that he died in Singapore yesterday. Found out on Facebook. Were you in touch with him? I had not seen him for years and years. He was such an unforgettable person. I will be in NY from Christmas through mid March. Let's try to see eachother! Happy Holidays, Love L


Oh my dear God. OH MY GOD....
L, did he kill himself? Or did he die of a heart problem?


He was a dear dear dear friend. And dropped out of my life when he left Juilliard after a heart attack and went home to Singapore. My parents were then forced to pay an $18,000 federal government student loan they guaranteed that he failed to pay back. It was devastating for all of us. Utterly devastating.  10 years ago, a mutual teacher I didn't know well called to ask me how I was doing and to ask me what I was doing in my life. I was weirded out at the time and it was only after I hung up after this strange phone call, that I realized that SL was probably on the line listening in. He was once my closest friend on the planet. He checked out my hubby before we ever began dating. Though gay, and flamingly so, he admitted to thinking he could be straight to marry me, which resulted in the biggest fight of our friendship. Remembering his moment of temporary insanity makes me want to both cry and laugh.

I am devastated to hear this news. And now I see him all over YouTube and see that that people are already wishing him RIP.

SYL. Divo. I always loved you. I miss you all the more knowing that our paths will really never cross again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.