Monday, December 24, 2012

Flu

We have not made it to the Laurentians to be with family. After celebrating FILs 70th with friends and at a Montreal restaurant, Jake became incredibly ill with fever and vomiting. i had hoped it was just food poisoning but no luck. For now we are sequestered nicely in parents' house as everyone has moved on to St. Donat.

At Jake's expense, it is probably a blessing in disguise. Fewer nights under one roof with an entire and very loud army. Quality vs. quantity. But maybe its better for me. Fewer nights with everyone else's special needs-less families... I am honestly not usually this way. I dont wish my children's challenges on anyone! But this year, for some reason, is harder. Maybe its because of nearby Sandy Hook. Maybe it's fiscal cliff. Maybe it's because school is not a slam dunk for either of my boys for very different reasons. As much as i love my boys, I just feel more burdened than usual. How does my FIL know? He told me at lunch. I wNt you to vanish, leave your kids and have a good time this break. I tried to roll my eyes and be poker face. All the while thinking, do I really look so bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.