Monday, November 28, 2016

Bread

Yesterday, I took every sorry, lonely vegetable in the fridge and made a pot of soup. That is A LOT of soup! Jake exclaimed. But they finished half of it for a "snack." Waste not, want not. I'm about to leave to teach, but not before getting my bread machine to knead my dough while I'm away. There is enough time for the kids to have both fresh bread and the rest of this soup when they get home from school. Ballabusta, am I! But when I'm organized, I am less stressed. And we shouldn't be eating crap just because we need Belac to put on weight.

Today we go to the doctor for his stats. We will see how much he has grown and the blood and bone test results will be back. He put on just a pound or two even having finally grown 4 inches this past year. His weight is worse than it ever has been and not keeping up, stuck at 0 percentile. 61 pounds! I have students half his age who weigh as much as he does!

But good his $24,000/year med is now covered by insurance. And he asked to be enrolled in tae Kwon do, again. He can't help his size, but he can help his strength. Good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.