Monday, November 23, 2015

Class

Meanwhile, I had the sweetest, greatest piano class on Sunday. I was so proud of my students. I also played Franck with hubby, we all schmoozed and lingered over treats. I am not in this to exactly pay the mortgage, though the money is nice. It has to be a combo of yes, earning moolah, but also effort on the part of the student. If they are not practicing, I don't care how much they are paying me. It is torture. Glorified babysitting and then I have trouble getting my students and their families out of the house in a timely manner.... I'm not training Juilliard bound kids, but only want to be teaching those who practice at least minimally and care about/enjoy the music. I just don't want it, otherwise, and view it as a waste of time. My kids need supervision and especially Belac, on a daily basis, and I just have other more valuable things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.