The other night, I had like 90 minutes to get the crazy dining room together before hubby brought a whole bunch of people over for a board meeting. I did the impossible and made it look like nothing had ever happened in there. Stuff for trash into a bag and into the garage. Loaded up car with charity. Stash for sister, into the garage. Huge stacks of papers, thrown to the side to go through later. And then it was done. And done well, too.
The other day I raided all my cabinets of cans I know we won't eat and tons of boxes of chocolates and other knick knacky unopened food accumulated from students and my parents. Where did the 5 cans of Campbell's soup come from? Cans of pumpkin filling? Boxes of cornbread mix? Dusty looking Asian sauces? Guacamole in a jar? None of it was expired and it, too, was loaded into the car for donation at the food pantry.
I did the same with my closet and drawers. In 30 minutes I weeded out 2 garbage bags filled with clothes I hadn't worn in 2 years, save 2 pairs of pants I'll cut at the knee for gardening. Sweaters my parents gave me long ago, expensive things that never fit right and weren't my style, even a few things my sister knit or the other sister gave me....
Today, I'm wearing a 5 year old skirt from H&M and a plain old tank top from Target. Was all over town today and at the pool and was content about the way I appeared. Of course, I wasn't teaching at my fancy schmancy schools and it's summer! But if you take care of your body and your mind and your house, you really don't need crazy expensive stuff to make it look better. And yes, I know I'm in the middle of a rampage right now, but LESS of any stuff is simply so much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.