Monday, June 15, 2015

admin

Just spent 90 minutes paying about a dozen bills. There was a Gap bill, 1 month late with a 25$ late fee. Terrible. How did I miss the first bill? And then bills to Quest Labs, this, and that. Time trying to get signed up for the patient portal to pay one particular place. No luck. A 20 minute call to billing to try to pay, and then their system went down. Do they want this $856 or not?

This morning, I am starting new file folders. I swear to be meticulous, this year. Belac will have his own folder. Complete with every single receipt from this insurance year. No more just dumping papers and even duplicates into an overstuffed file folder for the whole family. Every bill now says how it was paid, whether by HSA or the credit card. Keeping track so we can 1) make sure that we aren't guessing when it comes to tax time what was paid or spending 2 hours sorting through a mess of papers, 2) pay ourselves back from our HSA, which we haven't been good about at all because often what we paid out for one appointment far exceeded what was in the account for the month, or you couldn't make 2 withdrawals on the same day (SO DUMB!! You go to the doc and you get a prescription, you go to 2 doctors - it's just so normal to legitimately withdraw twice on one day!!) and in those cases, the HSA card would not go through, so paying ourselves back was thus another step we didn't always follow through on, 3) not making any mistakes about what we need when making our annual insurance selections.

I have given myself until noon to get my file cabinet in order. I am done with the nursery schools in the mornings, and this is item 1 on my TO DO. A laborious under taking, but unless I deal with it I will soon be drowning in papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.