Thursday, December 4, 2014

reply

Hi Gimky,

No wonder you went off for awhile! I never see negative things like that, as I just see ordinary stuff -photos, jokes, etc. from friends and family. Much nicer :). But I have heard of such crazy things, like this guy who is getting divorced and threatened, on Facebook, to chop up his wife into small pieces and/or kill a whole kindergarten class! Man, at least he is spending time in jail. I mean, free speech is one thing but these kinds of threats should be taken seriously. Guy is probably a whack job. (His excuse/reason: he was just venting and these were were lyrics to a rap song. Yeah, tell that to the marines.)

I spoke with hubby about Belac and he feels he would like to contribute to his therapy. I guess insurance is not covering any of it? Anyhow, we'd really like to help out-it would be good for him to see someone like that. 

See you soon.

Love, 
Hubby's mother


My MIL used to scare me. She's very articulate and speaks her mind, even if everyone disagrees. She would never in a million years run away, crying. In the very beginning I felt she didn't like me because I was too agreeable. She'd tell me, it can't be the same to you if we have chicken or beef for dinner, please express an opinion!! Later, I'd learn to give her decisive answers just to appease her, but then I think she - in turn - appreciated there were certain things I didn't really care about, one way or another, especially after her family of 5 kids exploded with spouses and a gazillion kids and just too many opinions, needs and wants to manage.

This response from my MIL first made me laugh and then cry. Her brother, who I am chummy with at family gatherings, once paid my MIL a compliment, saying - and perhaps advising me, my sister doesn't shy away from difficult situations and people, she's very good in that way and you should know that. 

I have certainly come to appreciate this over the years. 

Thank you so much, I wrote back. I'm not sure what we're going to do, yet, but we'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.