The piece I am performing this week end is just a terrible, over played standard. Why did I ever say okay to this? I was forced to play it when I was a teenager with my sister. And then as a staff accompanist at Juilliard, I played and performed it hundreds of times for auditions and Sonatenabends and the like. The composer is one of the greats, but this Sonata is really not one of his stronger compositions. It was always the butt of jokes between hubby and me, whenever I was learning some crazy, contemporary piece for the group. 'Well at least you're not playing Spring Sonata!' he'd say, knowing my feelings about that particular piece.
Well guess what? I'm playing Spring Sonata now. Who knew it would be so problematic? But the piece puts me in a terrible mood and actually makes me hate playing the piano. God strike me down with lightening for saying anything disparaging about Beethoven's work. But this particular piece is torture for me. I should have just said NO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.