Monday, July 25, 2011

unloading

Someone just came along to pick up my microwave. He was a polite, modest, Spanish-speaking man. I had all sorts of stuff sitting out on my dining table. Could you use any of this? I showed him a crystal candy dish in the shape of a horse (no kidding!), a fondue pot, 2 large crystal bowls with birds on them... all from my wedding over a decade ago and never used. He looked closely, almost nervously at this fancy stuff. It's free, I told him, if you want any of this or know anyone who could use them, please take it all. He left me 20 dollars for the microwave, then stacked everything neatly together and off he went. Awesome!

3 comments:

  1. So good to declutter. I have been doing the same. Unfotunately I live with hoarders so I am getting my own way in the kitchen, living room and music room but I can't force on their bedrooms..... I don't think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do it when no one is home. LOL!

    Even as this guy was stacking all the stuff up, I had to close my eyes and look the other way for fear I'd suddenly change my mind. But this stuff is better in the hands of people who will use it and I wouldn't have made much money anyway. I do like the extra square footage in the DR now that I don't have my china cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids roms are a mess but they know where it all is. I ask, "Where is ....?" and they pick up dirty washing and toys and blankets and say, "Here it is." as if it were on a shelf in full view! If I chuck it is going to have to be when no-one is home and when I have a chance to get it all tidy again afterwards - then they have no idea where i have put anything!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.