I set a visual clock time for 20 minutes at a time to practice movements of a Messaien piece. It is very motivating and works. I have Belac do the same for math problems. And lately, I have been using it to teach lessons in 30, 45 and 60 minute increments. I don't have to look at my phone, I just see the red vanishing on the clock and can manage my time better. Today, 20 minutes of hard practicing was followed by 10 minutes of staring at the color swatches in the family room and again, comparing carpet tiles, and then back to practice.... over and over again. My Messaien is getting better and better, but with the room I am more and more confused. Problem is, I'm afraid of color but want color. Hubby is voting for the red, I'm waiting now for Kati to get back to me.
The handyman called. He's coming tomorrow to pull up my carpet! 4 years ago, I took up wall-to-wall carpet in 4 rooms, stairs and a hallway by myself. The kids were at camp, hubby was at work, I was off and spent a week doing this. It was the dirtiest, hardest job and I had cuts and scratches all over my hands and arms to show for it. Not this time. Tomorrow I teach and practice Messaien and let this guy help me with preparing the floor.
I cannot wait to move into that room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.