Canada 8/11
Beautiful night.
Kati's family is back from a summer in Hungary. We had some pizza and for hours, the boys played with her girls on various vehicles (bikes, scooters, trike) running over self-made ramps on the drive. Allie's kids joined in and the adults chatted. The night was very cool and dry for the first time in weeks and it was hard to say good night.
Boys headed upstairs when it was way past dark. Jake crawled into his own bed. Wow, I thought. Belac climbed the ladder to his bunk of his own bedroom. Are you staying with me? he asked. I laughed. You!? Don't start this, you're fine! I kissed them good night and went to bed myself. We were all tired and I heard not a peep from them. It was nice. Every window was thrown open and I could hear just the late summer crickets. I think this would be the first time in over 5 months they each slept alone at home and neither my husband nor I had to sit with Jake.
Woke up this morning and slipped past the guest room, where I did a double-take and the dog looked up forlornly from the guest bed. Poor dog! He doesn't know what happened to his bunkmates!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.