Friday, May 6, 2011

off with it!

The house is hermetically sealed and feels like a dungeon from inside. This morning, the crew surrounded our house and property with red ribbon stating DANGER! ASBESTOS! DO NOT CROSS! With every window sealed off with heavy duty plastic, the house looking vacant and the roof covered unintentionally with organic material, the house looks truly condemned. And this is when the real work begins.

I think all companies are the same. The owners take a huge fee and they send a crew that can barely speak English. So you're coming tomorrow, right? I asked one of the crew members. I don't know, he replied. My roofers come on Monday, I told him. Your boss told me 2-1/2 days and this is day 2.  Miss! No way we will be done on Monday!! This is big job, this is asbestos!

Of course, I couldn't reach the owner yesterday or this morning. B is for BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.